Have you used the IRCTC website to purchase train tickets for a group of people that you now want to cancel? If we travel with families or friends, we frequently book train tickets together. But occasionally, due to a change in plans, we must cancel our tickets. While canceling a single ticket is simpler, we frequently struggle with partial cancellations, such as when we book 3–4 seats but only need to cancel one or two of them.
How? You must sign into the IRCTC e-ticketing website in order to partially cancel an e-ticket. You can use the IRCTC website to revoke a confirmed Indian Railways train ticket up until the chart is ready. Nevertheless, it should be noted that e-ticket cancellation is not allowed at railroad ticket counters.
Following are the steps to cancel an IRCTC e-ticket reservation for just one person if you need to cancel your ticket.
- Entering the correct Username and Password on the Login screen will open the IRCTC e-Ticketing website and allow you to log in.
- Now navigate to “My Transactions” to cancel the specific e-ticket.
- Next, click the link that says “Booked Ticket History” in the My Account menu.
- As soon as you click “Cancel Ticket,” you will see a list of your previously purchased tickets.
- Choose the names of the passengers whose tickets should be canceled to start the cancellation process.
- Now click the “Cancel Ticket” button while checking the box next to the passenger’s name.
- To confirm the cancellation, click OK on the Confirmation pop-up window.