Padmasana or Lotus Pose
“Padma” denotes “Lotus” so it acquires its name from lotus. This asana is also called “Kamalasana”. It is cross-legged posture which is well suited for meditation and for reciting mantras. Padmasana is well suited for boys and girls.
Padmasana or Lotus Pose Stages:-
- Spread cloth on the floor and sit over it with the legs forward
- Now place your left foot on the right thighs and right foot on the left thigh. Some may start the process while keeping the right foot first. Either process is correct.
- Keep your left hand on the left knee and right hand on the right knee.
- Touch the tips of the indexed finger with the tips of thumbs.
- Keep your head, nose, spinal erect or straight. Breathe normally.
- Eyes can be open or closed. But if you are seeking for meditation, it is better to keep your eyes close.
- Some people may face problems while keeping both feet on the thighs. So one must have to practice with care.
- Do not pressurize your legs too much to get the final position.
- Beginner may keep in the final position for one or two minutes and eventually increase their time after practice.
- Padmasana is well suited to perform in the morning
Padmasana or Lotus Pose Benefits:-
- Keeps you physically fit, strong and fine
- Reduces body weight and increase vitality
- Normalize the blood pressure and controls the stress
- Improves cholesterol level
- Well useful for meditation, concentration, self realization
- It stimulates the endocrine glands
- Cure the disease like asthma, hysteria and insomnia