Chakrasana or Wheel Pose
Chakrasana or Wheel Pose makes the body in half circle shape or spine twisted in semicircle shape, so this asana is called the Chakrasana. This asana resembles the rainbow as well.
- Lie straight on the floor after spreading bed sheet or some cloth. Keeps your hands and legs straight.
- Slowly bend the knees and keeps your heels close to the respective buttocks.
- Slowly raise your hands, bend your arms at elbows and place your palm on the floor on either side of head, with the fingers pointing to the shoulders.
- Raise your body with the waist, buttocks. Tilt your head backward and lift the back body till your hands and legs go straight.
While releasing from the above position, move forward your feet and straighten your body downward. Slowly release your hands and keep straight towards leg and rest for some time.
- Keep breathing slow, facial muscle soft, whole body relaxed.
- Keep some distance between your feet to support your body.
- People having spinal problems and cervical must avoid doing this.
- One must not force his body to be more semicircular shape if your body is not flexible enough.
- Beginners may keep in the same position for one minutes, but not more than this.
- Makes the human spinal flexible and so make the human youthful for long time.
- Removes neck and shoulder pain.
- Increase abdominal efficiency by stretching the internal organs.
- Strengthen the leg muscles
- Relieves from the tension
- Removes asthma and anxiety.