Vajrasana or Thunderbolt Pose achieves a firm and strong pose. It is easy to remain motionless so it is called “Vajrasana”. It is also called Diamond Pose due to its straight posture.
This has one exception compare to other asana as this asana can be performed anytime. This is mostly beneficial immediate after taking meal.
- Spread a bed sheet and be in the sitting position.
- Bend your legs one by one at the knees and brings the foot under your buttocks.
- Bring your knees on the ground floor, apart your heels and sit between your heels. Sit is such a way that thighs rest on the whole legs and buttocks rest on the heels.
- Support your body through knees and ankles.
- Stretch your arms forward and keep straight on the respective knees. Maintain in the same position and breathe normally.
To release from this asana, first release your hands downwards, sit on the knees and then put your body weight on the toes with the help of hands. Straighten your legs and be in the sitting position again and relax for some time.
- Keep your spine straight and close eyes while performing so.
- People having joint pain must avoid this.
- It can be performed for 20 minutes for more than this.
- Do not keep your stand, keep buttocks only between the heels space.
- Helps improving digestion system and eliminates gas troubles.
- Reduces the pain of knees, legs, feet, back and thighs.
- Regular practice may avoid fever, constipation, stomach disorder, acidity, obesity.
- Strengthen the sexual organs and helps to prevent urinary problems.
- It is best for concentration, mediation
- Brings peace in mind and so relieves from the stress