Smoking kills!! Every single guy knows the truth, still, no one wanna quit smoking. It is the common activity for them or may be a part of the fun. Smoking is taking the life of human slowly and gradually. Serious health problems, weak digestive system lung cancers are the results of continuous smoking. Know the reasons for adopting Smoking as a regular habit:-
1. An addiction: Cigarette contains nicotine which is the most addictive the heroin and cocaine. It controls the brain, nerves while passing through the bloodstream. Consuming it once will raise the desire to consume more. People feel the more urge to consume nicotine.
2. Psychological factor: “too much workload”, “not having time to sleep” People take the smoking as the stress relieving factor, or to calm down their mental urges. Whenever they find themselves into any problems, they seek the help of cigarettes to tackle down the situation (although it will not work). A cigarette can never relieve the stress or depression, it is just a fake assumption.
3. Surroundings: you may work guy or a homely guy. If your family members smoke, you may also get the habit from them, you may also inspire your friends, colleagues, and roommates. The working atmosphere and social gathering may influence to consume cigarette on regular basis or occasionally. People take smoking as social resemblance or a part of social get-together. If you are engaged in long discussion, smoking is taken as the common activity.
4. Copying other or Role model: If Akshay Kumar is my favorite hero, I would copy his style and will follow him. Likewise, almost people have their own role models to whom they try to copy. It can be the powerful factor of smoking. Sometimes, we got inspired by the lifestyle of someone (who used to smoke daily), also raise an urge to smoke.
5. Pressure or Force: Some are forced to smoke. Live examples can be found in working life. Jobless people have to start smoking if their employers put such conditions. Many people start smoking in the pressure of fear, lack of finance, or sudden circumstances.
6. Smoking is taken as a measure of Weight Control: Youngsters or adults are more into smoking as they feel it as the effective measure of reducing or controlling weight (although it is a rumor). In fact, Smoking reduces the hunger sense which ultimately leads to less consumption of the meal and less appetite.
7. A part of Fun and Adventure: Children or youngster take it as a challenge. They smoke as a part of fun, adventure, experiment, and entertainment. They are not aware of the consequences and no one is there to stop them as they smoke without telling or showing others. They just want to kill boredom.
8. Relaxing factor: While smoking you exhales and inhales a part of air with long breath which delivers you a sense of deep relaxation. If they are annoyed with the employers, suffering from the family or financial problems, prisoner of physical abuse, they feel a sense of pleasure while smoking.
9. To look Impressive: It is their assumptions that smoking personality is bindass, impressive, mature and stunning. To be the cool guy is not possible through cigarette; it is our mind only which influences us to smoke more.
In short, Smoking triggers can be classified into 4 parts:-
- Emotional triggers include stress, anxious, excitement, loneliness, feeling of losing the dear one, dissatisfaction, fighting, boredom, lack of happiness, etc.
- Life-Style Triggers includes smoking while talking on the phone, after having sex, drinking alcohol, watching TV, driving, after the meal, reading a newspaper, in the toilet or taking the work break.
- Social Triggers includes workplace, smoker friend circle, going to bar/party or social event, getting inspired by role model, copying some other personality, celebrating etc. People feel it a matter of pride with the social gathering
- Influencer Trigger works when you are the smoker for a long time. It will raise an urge to carry the lighter, craving the taste of the cigarette, smell of smoking and so on.
Whatever the reason is, meditation, exercise, proper diet, professional help altogether can kick these triggers slowly. Research shows most people start smoking in their teens only and get addicted by the time. Some people smoke occasionally and later on get addicted. Finally, people smoke when they love to smoke and it gives them immense pleasure. No side-effects can’t stop them to smoke but it is always advisable to know the most common triggers or your life and hit them with the great power or smoke quitting techniques.