If you are an Indian planning to visit the Uk anytime soon, you might have a lot of questions. It can also be intimidating as you always want to get your visa application right. The following FAQs can help you answer some of your queries.
How can an Indian get a visa to the UK?
If you are an Indian citizen needing to visit any of the places like England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and Scotland, you have to apply for a visa to the UK. As there is no visa on arrival for Indians, you will have to apply in advance. Though it can be a tedious process to go through, the UK visa process is actually quite convenient and easy. This faq for UK visa section will help you navigate your process. There are two prominent methods of visa application for the UK. One is the offline method, where you can apply through a travel agent in India. The second method is the online application process, where you have to give interviews and get a biometric test at your respective VFS center in India.
Which documents do I need for a UK visa?
For all visas you will need the following documents:
- Your original valid passport: It should be valid for at least six months from the date of submission of the visa. And there should be a minimum of two pages blank.
- Confirmed return flight tickets
- UK visa application form. It must be duly filled and signed.
- Covering letter: This is a letter mentioning the details of travel, expense ownership details, details of the traveler with the contact number. It must be filled with a black pen and signed.
- Original bank statements: It must reflect transactions of the last six months. This statement has to be duly attested by a bank official along with other financial documents.
If you are applying for Business Visa UK:
- Original copy of a covering letter from the Indian company.
- Invitation letter from an overseas company.
How long do I have to wait for the approval of my UK visa?
The visa approval process starts once all your documents are submitted, and you have completed the whole process from your side. It takes about 15-20 working days to get the approval. If you are in a hurry and you need it faster there are provisions made for such situations too. But a normal procedure will take about 15-20 days.
Can my Visa get rejected? What should I do in that case?
A visa gets rejected only when there is an issue or mistake in the application. To ensure acceptance. you must closely check all documents and only then submit it for application. If your visa is rejected it indicates an issue with the application. You will have to re-apply. While doing this you must remember that the visa was rejected due to some issue. This issue must be rectified and only then re-applied. If you have corrected your mistake and the application is right, you will get acceptance.
Visa application is a long process, and it can get intimidating. Hence a platform like https://travelvisabookings.com/faq-for-uk-visa/ can help you with all the confusion. It can help you understand the process in-depth and get your UK visa approved.